Join Our Team
We are looking for qualified, ambitious, and highly motivated individuals that share Tri Star Freight System’s passion for excellence and customer service.
- Employer Sponsored Profit Sharing
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance (up to $25,000) with matching AD&D Policy for same amount
- Optional Life Insurance for Employee / Spouse / Child(ren)
- Supplementary plan options available, i.e. Short Term Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Accident, Optional Life and much more
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Different Work Schedule options to choose from (based on departmental needs)
- Two Week Vacation (or ten days) after successful completion of one year of service
- PHL or Preventative Health Leave (up to 8.0 hours annually) available after one year of service for preventative health or dental appointments
- Paid Holidays
- Customer Service / Star Efforts Programs in place to reward exceptional customer service and team work
- Business casual attire every day of the week!
- Discretionary Bonuses – are 100% discretionary, not guaranteed and based solely on performance and few other factors
Tri Star Freight System is actively seeking dispatchers to join our family! Dispatchers with trucking industry experience are encouraged to apply. Please see below for details.
- Dispatcher in Flatbed/Logistics Department – Houston Corporate Office
- Dispatcher in Military Dispatch Department – Houston Corporate Office
What We Expect From You:
- Responsible for booking pier appointments and working closely with owner operators to ensure all paperwork and documents in order prior to dispatching to pier.
- Able to offer solid advice and guidance to owner operator on equipment needed and/or on paperwork of what is expected to be used or get signed.
- LTL’s – get rates and send rate to customer.
- Utilize load boards and other sources to find work for owner operators on a daily basis.
- Will be expected to dispatch from time to time and/or in absence of Lead Dispatcher.
- May be asked to secure work for flatbed drivers utilizing load board or calling on previous customers.
- Must be familiar with processing driver’s pay (settlements) and what that consists of.
- Communicate effectively with clients, owner operators and peers via phone and email.
- Effectively and professionally solve problems that arise, ensuring ultimate client satisfaction.
- Print, organize, scan and ensure there are no mistakes on documents and/or emails.
- Prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a day.
- Utilize your outstanding computer skills to multi-task, i.e. keep up with large amounts of emails, job orders, search for loads, etc.
Person in this Role Will Succeed if:
- Willing and able to put in the time to train on Company processes and procedures.
- Possess container experience, i.e. be familiar with terminology in terms of free day, released from port, etc.
- Patient as you learn new skills daily.
- Reliable and willing to put in the extra work and lend a hand when necessary.
- Able to remain professional under pressure, fast-thinker, confident in decisions.
- Able to pick up new skills quickly.
- Able to fill in for Lead Dispatcher in his/her absence.
- Bold, assertive, and open to constructive criticism.
- Must have trucking industry experience.
- Must have dispatching experience.
- Port of Houston knowledge is very important.
- Stable job history a must.
- Sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is strongly preferred, but not required
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge.
Houston candidates – Please feel free to complete an application in person, Tuesday thru Friday, between the hours of 9am to 2pm only. Our address is 5407 Mesa Drive, Houston TX 77028.
Tri Star Freight System, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call 713-631-1095, ext. 1104 for Human Resources department.